Wednesday 5 August 2009

Update

I'm still working on my Hydrangea drawing for the von Siebold project. It is so difficult. Really hard. I made some flowers first. Hard!!!

Hydrangea 9

Then I thought it would be good to add some leaves. Harder!!!! And last weekend I was at the point where I had to make a big decision about the composition by placing a third flowerhead in the drawing. Aaaaaarrrrggghhhh!!!!!

Hydrangea-13

And it's not over yet... I have to do a lot of work still on all three flowerheads, I need to add even more leaves and the stems of course....
I've had some fights with this drawing, it has been the most difficult drawing I ever made.

Hydrangea 14a

I'm sure there will be more fights (and some more tears to go with it too I suppose) over the next couple of weeks. But I'm happy to say that I'm finally getting the feeling it might be a nice piece when I'll be finished.

1 comment:

Gillian Mowbray said...

Hi Sigrid - your hydrangea looks wonderful to me - you've captured that unique texture and colour range so well.
I've been waiting so long to do a drawing of one of my own but ours is a new plant and it's been painfully slow to grow. It has an emerging flower head but unless I use a magnifying glass and a lot of imagination, my art will have to wait until next summer! x