Friday 15 October 2010

Hips

I finally managed to finish something again. And it was about time too. For the first time I painted rose hips with my watercolours. I already did hips in graphite, coloured pencils and even with pen & ink. But never watercolour. The Botanical Artists forum on Facebook has a bunch of very active and motivating members and when one starts to paint apples, we all start to paint apples. When one mentions she wants to paint hips I too want to paint hips.... It's fun though, to see all the different approaches to the same subject.



For the first time. And it was nice work. I really enjoyed doing it. I chose the tiny hips of Rosa 'Francis E. Lester'. This rose blooms with many clouds of small flowers during the summer and gets an enormous amount of orange hips in Autumn.

This is on Lanaquarelle HP, paper size 4"x 6".

3 comments:

A Brush with Color said...

I am always in awe of you botanical artists--these are just amazing, Sigrid. Siiiiigh...

Unknown said...

These hips are so lovely - you have taken something often overlooked (they are not the bright showy ones) and made them the focus of attention, what a talent.

Unknown said...

More, More!!!