Friday 6 July 2012

Triteleia

I sort of promised myself at the end of last year that I would make more drawings in graphite. I haven't done much painting and drawing yet this year. It's always something that's blocking me. Sometimes it's because of health issues, depression or *just* a painter's block. But also May and June were filled with teaching and doing a course. I forced myself this week to draw something and, maybe more important, to finish it.

In my garden I saw this week my Triteleias blooming between the Lady's Mantle. I always forget I have them and every year it's a nice surprise to see them flowering so happy and blue in the chartreuse foam of the Alchemilla mollis. So I picked one of them and started to draw. I did a pencil drawing of it on Canson Bristol. I don't like so much the white of the paper but it works so very nice and smooth with graphite. Here it is:

 I wanted to paint it in colour too but this weekend I'm too busy with my son's birthday. So, no painting... I did start a second flower drawing from a different angle and I hope to add it to this first one for a nice composition. But that too needs time... we'll see ;)

6 comments:

Ingrid Lee said...

Lovely work...as always. Thanks for inspiring me! I haven't drawn with graphite for years, because of this post...I will this weekend.

Take care <3

Sigrid Frensen said...

Woohoo! That's great to hear, Ingrid <3

Jarnie Godwin said...

I love a graphite piece too! :)Still no working for me, doctor's orders!!

Vicki Lee Johnston said...

It's really beautiful ... I love the movement and detail. You really should do this more :))))))

Sigrid Frensen said...

@ Jarnie: Hope you'll be back to drawing soon ;)

@ vicki: I know I should and it's so relaxing and fun to do too.

Claire said...

Its beautiful Sigrid, definitely do lots more :)
I love that sentence 'chartreuse foam' , brilliant xx