Monday 14 July 2008

Hello There!

Finally I've made the big step into bloggingland. I've had my own site for a while now and I thought that it might be time to start a blog as well. So here it is...
Maybe I should tell you a bit about myself first. I live in the Netherlands (so please, don't mind the mistakes in my writing to much). I'm married to Jeroen and we have two boys, Ward (11) and Bertus (1), Yes I know, it's quite a gap... Oh, we also have two lovely cats Miep and Murk. You'll probably see them on some photo's in the posts to come.


One of the things I want to share with you is my work. I'm a botanical artist. I love plants, I love to draw them, I love to plant them, I love to buy them, I love to read about them, I.... I guess I'm just a bit mad about plants. Anyway, as I said, I draw them. With pencil on paper. I also like to make drawings with colored pencils. You can see some of my work on my website. Here on this blog however, you'll probably see some of the struggles that go with the drawing.


Of course, when you’re mad about plants, and you have a garden like I do, you have to grow them. Here we come to one of my addictions: buying new plants. And it’s not easy for me because there are some exquisite nurseries around here. One of them I visited last weekend. There was a Hosta-fair at De Kleine Plantage in Eenrum. A lot of my plants where bought there. They also have my cards for sale. My mother staid with us that weekend (‘cause Ward turned 11) and naturally she came along. We had a wonderful day. And of course we came home with a lot of new plants. Here are a few of them:
This is Hemerocallis 'American Revolution'




And this beauty is called Sanguisorba 'Chocolate Tipp'

Next in line are two Achillea's 'Credo' (left) and 'Lachsschönheit'

I've planted them all in front of a rose called 'Heritage'. It's an Austin-rose with a wonderful smell. And she looks like this:

I absolutely love the combination of colours. Deep wine red and salmon. The next day we putt them in the ground. I was drooling all over them so there was no need to water them. We did anyway and the same evening it started to rain to. The new darlings loved it! As did the rest of the garden…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

zo al weer een poging.
mooie blog hoor. vooral de "tisters" zijn prachtig.

Anonymous said...

eindelijk is het dan gelukt.
Engels blijft ingewikkeld.