Friday 12 December 2008

Tagged before.... whoops

In the tagging game on Flickr (blogged about that a few days ago) I tagged my friend Franny B. (she also has a great Blog called Whetnall Watercolours). It turns out she tagged me first, but in a different "game". This tag is about blogs and I'm sorry Cecca that I've missed it entirely.... whoops...
So now after a long period of waiting here are my 7 facts about me and the rules of the game of course:

Tagging Rules
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog
2. Share 7 interesting/random facts about yourself on your blog
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post, leaving their names as well as links to their blog
4. Leave a comment on each of their blogs to let them know they've been tagged!

1) After reading Cecca's list, the first thing that springs to mind is that I danced for our queen and her family once on Queensday (April 30 1986 or 1987 or something). The queen was a bit in a hurry so she didn't stay long to watch us perform(my dance group) but her sons and nephews stayed for much longer and didn't want to walk on to the next stop (old people making baskets or something). The princes had to be dragged away from us ;-)

2) I live in the North of the Netherlands and I love it. I've lived in Breukelen (near Utrecht), Amsterdam and Duiven (near Arnhem) but living in the northern part of this country is the best! People are calm, some would say maybe a bit grumpy, or even slow. I like the people here and most of all the beautiful "countryside" (horrible word). It is flat, wide, open, windy and you can often breathe in the air of the sea.

3) I want too much. It might be a good thing but it also can be a big problem. My head is filled with plans and ideas but I never seem to have enough time or energy to do things.

4) One of things I really would love to do is to make a little book with drawings typical for the Wadden area/Schiermonnikoog. I haven't decided yet if it would be a coloured pencil book or a graphite pencil book or even both.

5) The thing that helped me most to become the artist that I am right now is a botanical art course in the Hortus Botanicus in Leiden. It introduced the beauty of botanical art and it really opened my eyes after a lot of difficult years.

6) I've been depressed for a lot of years, there... I said it.... I've had a lot of difficult years starting when I was about 18 years old. Since 5 years I'm doing very well and my art is a big part of my happiness.

7) I'm a Flickr addict. Flickr turned out to be such a great place to meet so many lovely and interesting people from all around the globe... Like Cecca for instance ;-)

7 blogs that are now tagged too:

Joan Y: http://drawingonnature.blogspot.com/
Ryan: http://www.regardingwolf.com/
Juj: http://everythingiscontextual.blogspot.com/
Susan: http://susanrudat.blogspot.com/
Sophie: http://duckduckgoosestuff.co.uk/duckduckBLOG/
Suzanne: http://www.abrushwithcolor.blogspot.com/
Pola: http://srtapil.blogspot.com/

Sorry guys!

6 comments:

holli said...

oh!!! i will try...jajaj my english is soooo poor! jejeje i have an excuse!
hugs :)

Joan Y said...

Woohooo! Wow, to be in such fine company of other awesome art bloggers ... thanks Siggy Piggy (to quote your "friend"). I'll be sure to share some interesting tidbits about me! :)

Sigrid Frensen said...

Ryan already did his homework! Can't wait to see your posts ladies!

A Brush with Color said...

Thank you, Sigrid. I don't feel all that interesting, so I'll have to come up with something, but thank you for thinking of me! I enjoyed reading about you, and actually, after seeing all of your beautiful flickr art work, I am glad I figured out this was your blog. You are most talented! I love your work. I also didn't realize you were from the Netherlands--I loved visiting there some years back. Such a wonderful place. Take care, I'll have to get on this tagging business! ;))

Yolanda said...

I love your drawings and am so glad to have found your blog.

Sigrid Frensen said...

Sue thanks. I love your Blog too. I often take a peak but the comments I mostly do on Flickr. I love your work. But I guess you already knew that ;-)

Yolanda, thanks for your visit! I do hope to see you more often here :-)